My Daily Scripture

Monday, April 10, 2006

Daily Bible Readings for Tuesday, 11 April 2006

Israel, A Light to the Nations

Listen to me, distant nations, you people who live far away! Before I was born, the Lord chose me and appointed me to be his servant. He made my words as sharp as a sword. With his own hand he protected me. He made me like an arrow, sharp and ready for use. He said to me, "Israel, you are my servant; because of you, people will praise me."

I said, "I have worked, but how hopeless it is! I have used up my strength, but have accomplished nothing." Yet I can trust the Lord to defend my cause; he will reward me for what I do.

Before I was born, the Lord appointed me; he made me his servant to bring back his people, to bring back the scattered people of Israel. The Lord gives me honor; he is the source of my strength.

The Lord said to me, "I have a greater task for you, my servant. Not only will you restore to greatness the people of Israel who have survived, but I will also make you a light to the nations -- so that all the world may be saved."

- ISAIAH 49:1-6

The Prayer of an Elderly Person

Lord, I have come to you for protection; never let me be defeated! Because you are righteous, help me and rescue me. Listen to me and save me! Be my secure shelter and a strong fortress to protect me; you are my refuge and defense.

My God, rescue me from wicked people, from the power of cruel and evil people. Sovereign Lord, I put my hope in you; I have trusted in you since I was young. I have relied on you all my life; you have protected me since the day I was born. I will always praise you.

I will tell of your goodness; all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand.

You have taught me ever since I was young, and I still tell of your wonderful acts.

- PSALMS 71:1-6, 15, 17

Technorati tags:


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home