My Daily Scripture

Monday, April 03, 2006

Daily Bible Readings for Tuesday, 4 April 2006

The Snake Made of Bronze

The Israelites left Mount Hor by the road that leads to the Gulf of Aqaba, in order to go around the territory of Edom. But on the way the people lost their patience and spoke against God and Moses. They complained, "Why did you bring us out of Egypt to die in this desert, where there is no food or water? We can't stand any more of this miserable food!" Then the Lord sent poisonous snakes among the people, and many Israelites were bitten and died. The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Now pray to the Lord to take these snakes away." So Moses prayed for the people. Then the Lord told Moses to make a metal snake and put it on a pole, so that anyone who was bitten could look at it and be healed. So Moses made a bronze snake and put it on a pole. Anyone who had been bitten would look at the bronze snake and be healed.

- NUMBERS 21:4-9

The Prayer of a Troubled Youth

When I am in trouble, don't turn away from me! Listen to me, and answer me quickly when I call!

My life is disappearling like smoke; my body is burning like fire.

When the Lord rebuilds Zion, he will reveal his greatness. He will hear his forsaken people and listen to their prayer.

Write down for the coming generation what the Lord has done, so that people not yet born will praise him. The Lord looked down from his holy place on high, he looked down from heaven to earth. He heard the groans o prisoners and set free those who were condemned to die. And so his name will be proclaimed in Zion, and he will be praised in Jerusalem.

- PSALMS 102:2-3, 16-21

You Cannot Go Where I am Going

Again Jesus said to them, "I will go away; you will look for me, but you will die in your sins. You cannot go where I am going."

So the Jewish authorities said, "He says that we cannot go where he is going. Does this mean that he will kill himself?"

Jesus answered, "You belong to this world here below, but I come from above. You are from this world, but I am not from this world. That is why I told you that you will die in your sins. and you will die in your sins if you do not believe that 'I Am Who I Am'."

"Who are you?" they asked him.

Jesus answered, "What I have told you from the beginning. I have much to say about you, much to condemn you for. The one who sent me, however, is truthful, and I tell the world only what I have heard from him."

They did not understand that Jesus was talking to them about the father. So he said to them, "When you lift up the son of Man, you will know that 'I Am Who I Am'; then you know that I do nothing on my own authority, but I say only what the Father has instructed me to say. And he who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, because I always do what pleases him."

Many who heard Jesus say these things believed in him.

- JOHN 8:21-30

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home