My Daily Scripture

Monday, February 26, 2007

Daily Bible Readings for Monday, 26 February 2007

Laws of Holiness and Justice

The Lord told Moses to say to the community of Israel, "Be holy, because I, the Lord your God, am holy.

"Do not steal or cheat or lie. Do not make a promise in my name if you do not intend to keep it; that brings disgrace on my name. I am the Lord your God.

"Do not rob or take advantage of anyone. Do not hold back the wages of someone you have hired, not even for one night. Do not curse the deaf or put something in front of the blind so as to make them stumble over it. Obey me; I am the Lord your God.

"Be honest and just when you make decisions in legal cases; do not show favoritism to the poor or fear the rich. Do not spread lies about anyone, and when someone is on trial for his life, speak out if your testimony can help him. I am the Lord.

"Do not bear a grudge against others, but settle your differences with them, so that you will not commit a sin because of them. Do not take revenge on others or continue to hate them, but love your neighbors as you love yourself. I am the Lord."

- Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18

Technorati tags:


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home