My Daily Scripture

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Daily Bible Reading for Wednesday, 3 January 2007

Children of God

You know that Christ is righteous; you should know, then, that everyone who does what is right is God's child.

See how much the Father has loved us! His love is so great -- and so, in fact, we are. This is why the world does not know us; it has not known God. My dear friends, we are now God's children, but it is not yet clear what we shall become. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he really is. Everyone who has this hope in Christ keeps himself pure, just as Christ is pure.

Whoever sins is guilty of breaking God's law, because sin is a breaking of the Law. You know that Christ appeared in order to take away sins, and that there is no sin in him. So everyone who lives in union with Christ does not continue to sin; but whoever continues to sin has never seen him or known him.

- 1 John 2:29-3:6

The Lamb of God

The next day John saw Jesus coming to him, and said, "There is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. This is the one I was talking about when I said, 'A man is coming after me, but he is greater than I am, because he existed before I was born.' I did not know who he would be, but I came baptizing with water in order to make him known to the people of Israel."

And John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven and stay on him. I still did not know that he was the one, but God, who sent me to baptize with water, had said to me, 'You will see the Spirit come down and stay on a man; he is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' I have seen it," said John, "and I tell you that he is the Son of God."

- John 1:29-34

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home