My Daily Scripture

Monday, October 02, 2006

Daily Bible Readings for Monday, 2 October 2006

Promises and Instructions

"I will send an angel ahead of you to protect you as you travel and to bring you to the place which I have prepared. Pay attention to him and obey him. Do not rebel against him, for I have sent him, and he will not pardon such rebellion. But if you obey him and do everything I command, I will fight against all of your enemies. My angel will go ahead of you and take you into the land of Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, and I will destroy them."

- Exodus 23:20-23

Who is the Greatest?

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, asking, "Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven?"

Jesus called a child to come and stand in front of them, and said, "I assure you that unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven. The greatest in the Kingdom of heaven is the one who humbles himself and becomes like this child. And whoever welcomes in my name one such child as this, welcomes me.

"See that you don't despise any of these little ones. Their angels in heaven, I tell you, are always in the presence of my Father in heaven."

- Matthew 18:1-5, 10

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home