My Daily Scripture

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Daily Bible Readings for Wednesday, 2 August 2006

A Prayer for Safety

Save me from those evil people; rescue me from those murderers!

Look! They are waiting to kill me; cruel people are gathering against me. It is not because of any sin or wrong I have done, nor because of any fault of mine, O Lord, that they hurry to their places.

My God loves me and will come to me; he will let me see my enemies defeated.

Do not kill them, O God, or my people may forget. Scatter them by your strength and defeat them, O Lord, our protector.

I will praise you, my defender. My refuge is God, the God who loves me.

- Psalms 59:2-4, 10-11, 17-18

The Parable of the Hidden Treasure

The Kingdom of heaven is like this. A man happens to find a treasure hidden in a field. He covers it up again, and is so happy that he goes and sells everything he has, and then goes back and buys that field.

The Parable of the Pearl

Also, the Kingdom of heaven is like this. A man is looking for fine pearls, and when he finds one that is unusually fine, he goes and sells everything he has, and buys that pearl.

- Matthew 13:44-46

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home