My Daily Scripture

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Daily Bible Readings for Monday, 29 May 2006

As smoke is blown away, so he drives them off; as wax melts in front of the fire, so do the wicked perish in God's presence. But the righteous are glad and rejoice in his presence; they are happy and shout for joy.

Sing to God, sing praises to his name; prepare a way for him who rides on the clouds. His name is the Lord -- be glad in his presence!

God, who lives in his sacred Temple, cares for orphans and protects widows. He gives the lonely a home to live in and leads prisoners out into happy freedom, but rebels will have to live in a desolate land.

PSALMS 68:2-7

Then his disciples said to him, "Now you are speaking plainly, without using figures of speech. We know now that you know everything; you do not need to have someone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God."

Jesus answered them, "Do you believe now? The time is coming, and is already here. When all of you will be scattered, each of you to your own home, and I will be left all alone. But I am not really alone, because the Father is with me. I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!"

- JOHN 16:29-33

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home